Recent website performance..

Moderator: Officers

Recent website performance..

Postby Ravenne » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:21 am

I apologise for what has recently been unbearable performance on the forum and DKP site, most of you has undoubtedly been as annoyed over this as I have been - not being able to open a new thread is bad!

It has been a recurring problem with the MySQL server that we're hosted on and I've repeatedly complained to the hosting company who has occasionally improved the performance but only to have it decade over time again.

Recently they advised me to move our database to another one of their MySQL servers which I have done and the performance so far seems reasonable. Hopefully this will last!

I can only ask you all to be patient while I continue to work on our new website "F2", once this goes live it'll be hosted on our dedicated server which should be a big upgrade from a shared hosting solution - combine that with increased control over the hosting environment, making it easier to address performance issues, should make for a much better experience! :)

In closing I'd like to ask once again if we have any .NET developers in the fold, if you're interested in helping out then please contact me and we can discuss the details! :)
Ganorin wrote:Nazi is good, people not adequate for raiding are a kind of untermenschen always remember this. They are monkeys not to be regarded as human beings.

Ravenne
w00telf

Re: Recent website performance..

Postby Ravenne » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 am

We're also still looking for people who may be able to help us out on the graphical front, both layer-based pretty stuff and functional web stuff like icons or promotional pictures.
Ganorin wrote:Nazi is good, people not adequate for raiding are a kind of untermenschen always remember this. They are monkeys not to be regarded as human beings.

Ravenne
w00telf

Re: Recent website performance..

Postby Leff » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:13 pm

...today it's exceptionally bad btw. I've waited like 5 minutes just for this page to load...
Leff

Return to News