The Ferocious Future of Furious!

Moderator: Officers

The Ferocious Future of Furious!

Postby Ravenne » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 am

We are Furious... but we are becoming much, much more!
At least we would like to be more than just a World of Warcraft guild.

Back in July 2008, I shared an idea with warn (Pony), our guild master at the time, that sprung from continuous work on a new website to replace our then flailing portal. The idea in a nutshell was to expand the structure of Furious in order to accomplish the following things:

• Making Furious stand out more, making it more appealing to the masses and drawing in more recruits.
  • Encouraging and supporting the presence of Furious in different games like Star Wars: The Old Republic, AION and Diablo III or any other game that the community has interest in.
  • Strengthening the community, allowing friends and retired raiders to contribute, participate and communicate on our website.

Effectively progressing Furious as we know it from a World of Warcraft guild into a multi-gaming community where everyone is welcome.

Realising this idea is a major undertaking and you must no doubt be asking yourselves how I could possibly accomplish this by myself and I can only answer that it would be impossible, which is why a team was assembled to collaborate on this task, consisting of: (alphabetically)

• Fridge
  • Leff
  • Odeanathus
  • Pony
  • Saytana
  • Serkheru

All gifted individuals with roots in Furious, working diligently to realise this concept.

What does this mean for Furious as a World of Warcraft guild?
The guild will continue to function as it always has. This change should only positively affect the guild by having better resources at our disposal and a much better environment for the community to thrive in.

At the heart of it all sits Furious' newest acquisition, an entity I like to refer to as the F2 Box. This is a brand new dedicated server packing a lot of muscle, enough to support Furious and whatever we need for years to come. (Those interested in the actual specifications of the server are welcome to ask me in a PM)

Some of the things that the dedicated server will handle for Furious are the website, voice communication, game servers etc. Undoubtedly the most important one is the new website. The F2 website is pivotal to the success of this project; it serves as the platform for Furious to recruit, strategise and most of all communicate.

Once the new website launches it'll be a fully fledged portal with the most critical functions such as forums, recruitment facilities and a news section but it'll also feature new (to Furious) and exciting (at least to me) features such as a gallery for users to share screenshots, pictures etc. After launch the plan is to expand the website with even more great features for both members of the community and visitors alike.

Here's a small list with some of the features of our upcoming website:
  • Dynamic Application system - allowing the management of Furious to adjust the application layout at any time they want, enabling them to always keep it up to date with the latest and hottest questions in the recruitment sphere! It also allows applicants to directly upload and attach an image to their application with the click of only one button!
  • Gallery - which will allow everyone to upload screenshots and pictures, both for viewing in a neatly categorized gallery but also for sharing on the forum or even on other websites.
  • News and Articles - that will once again enable Furious to broadcast its progress to the world in a respectable and representable way!

There are a lot of other features planned and we will most certainly add more post launch. The community will help decide which direction our website will take!

We can always use your help!
If you want others to benefit from your expertise in coding, graphical design or your knowledge about online gaming, and feel like commiting yourself to the challenge of making this ambitious community project a success we gladly accept your application for the planning team.

In return for your time you receive the chance to have an impact on the direction we're going and actively shape the future look of Furious.
Ganorin wrote:Nazi is good, people not adequate for raiding are a kind of untermenschen always remember this. They are monkeys not to be regarded as human beings.

Ravenne
w00telf

Re: The Ferocious Future of Furious!

Postby Dauden » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Keep up the good work!
Dauden

Postby Ordoferrum » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:50 pm

That shit looks awesome, fairplay a massive undertaking but from the looks of it, well worth the wait and effort involved. If i had any knowledge that would help i would most gladly do so, but i do not!
Ordoferrum

Postby Lucious » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:08 am

Unfortuneatly I have little or no knowledge how to establish it, but a small tip would be hosting counter strike 1.6 public servers (with VAC) on a Swedish or German 100/100 mbit server. Alot of CS players are playing WoW and I think it could contribute to the community fairly well. Maybe a registration system to log onto the servers would come in handy to introduce the guild in itself, keeping it at stable servers with low ping ofcourse. Just a thought :)
Lucious

Postby Nancomerian » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Think i can help out in some way, just PM or /w me with stuff you might need to be done and ill see how i can help ^^
Nancomerian

Postby Leff » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 pm

... we all know the true reasons behind this:

Leff

Postby Ravenne » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Leff wrote:... we all know the true reasons behind this:

Sorry, I don't follow?
Ganorin wrote:Nazi is good, people not adequate for raiding are a kind of untermenschen always remember this. They are monkeys not to be regarded as human beings.

Ravenne
w00telf

Postby Serkheru » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Nancomerian wrote:Think i can help out in some way, just PM or /w me with stuff you might need to be done and ill see how i can help ^^

It would be easier if you PMed Ravenne with an outline of what your skills are so we can find a task that suits you, rather than ask you for each task we have if you can do it.
Serkheru

Postby Leff » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Ravenne wrote:
Leff wrote:... we all know the true reasons behind this:

Sorry, I don't follow?

Was a poor attempt trying to be funny, I admit, but here you have it with text:

Leff

Postby Ravenne » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Do we have any .NET Developers in the fold?

I'd very much like to hear from you concerning a few small programming tasks that we need done for F2.

Ravenne
w00telf

Postby Eiz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:38 am

Looks really nice. Good job.
Eiz <United> - My Armory
Eiz

Postby Odeanathus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:40 am

Thank you, you guys aswell on getting firefighter last night.
When I was in Dalaran someone from Furious wispered me named; Odeanathus.
I had a very nice chat with him, talking about everything, he seems very nice and polite.
So I decided to apply to Furious and hope everyone is like him xD
Odeanathus

Postby Storm » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:44 am

Will I be able to post news? Are you gonna play Diablo 3 with me?

P. S. Add Youtube vid embedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs
You win some, you lose some... then you lose some more.
Storm

Postby Ravenne » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Storm wrote:Will I be able to post news? Are you gonna play Diablo 3 with me?

P. S. Add Youtube vid embedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Yes. Yes. Yes/Maybe. :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Ravenne
w00telf

Return to News