Stasi Chrome

Server: Jaedenar! - english please!
Go to #furious.wow on irc.quakenet.org for a live chat!

Moderator: Officers

Stasi Chrome

Postby Leff » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Just noticed, that google chrome someone saves my searchrequests in shops, or maybe in google itself. When opening any website with google ads on it with google Chrome, 100% of these advertisment-windows will only offer me products I recently searched for.
At first I thought it happend just randomly, but it gets more and more obvious and kinda scary as well.

Recently I was looking for a glass cabinet for my living room and ever since then I'm being chased with special offerings from several manufacturers and online shops about 'class cabinets', I just had opened my photobucket gallery and found it sourrounded by 3, large ads, offering not less than 9 different glass cabinets, which really had nothing to do with the website itself or the tags I used for my images... Opening the same link with IE, FF, Opera, Safari gave me completely random ads again.

Must say, Microsoft, in direct comparision with Google, seems to turn into the lesser evil, more and more...
Leff

Re: Stasi Chrome

Postby Ravenne » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Ganorin wrote:Nazi is good, people not adequate for raiding are a kind of untermenschen always remember this. They are monkeys not to be regarded as human beings.

Ravenne
w00telf

Re: Stasi Chrome

Postby Ais » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Leff wrote:Recently I was looking for a glass cabinet for my living room and ever since then I'm being chased with special offerings from several manufacturers and online shops about 'class cabinets', I just had opened my photobucket gallery and found it sourrounded by 3, large ads, offering not less than 9 different glass cabinets, which really had nothing to do with the website itself or the tags I used for my images... Opening the same link with IE, FF, Opera, Safari gave me completely random ads again.

Congrats, you just described what google does and where it gets its money from.
vidi ergo wetus
Fave wrote:SUCK MORE!?!
Ais

Return to General news and questions